专注于利基市场

刚开始做Tucia的时候,前辈告诫我:一定要清晰地锁定一个目标群体。

虽说我当面表示同意,但骨子里我无法理解。为什么Tucia只能做一个目标群体?Tucia的服务对老人小孩、男人女人、70后90后、各色人等都适合,干嘛要作茧自缚,放弃其他市场呢?

最近才开始理解这个道理。

首先为了营销成本的考虑,切入一个90后的市场,只需要占用30%的时间和精力,如果还想同时做60后,70后,80后,那么加起来就需要占用你100%的时间和精力。

其次是投入产出比的考虑,假设90后的需求占到了80%,那么,花同样的时间和精力,这帮人带来的利益原超过剩余的20%的长尾。如果能抓住80%,何必还在乎20%呢。

再次是品牌形象的考虑,以Tucia为例,如果想包罗一切,服务所有人,那么最后只能沦落为“修图服务”这样的惨地。 如果锁定目标群体,就可以更明确、具体、有针对性的进行包装。比如90后的小孩都喜欢show自己,把自己改造成美女帅哥,那么Tucia的品牌形象就可以打造成“Make you shine in 24 hours”,从一个底层的服务升华到更高层的人性需求。而这个定位与中老年人喜欢的“老照片修复”、“美化家庭合影”等完全不搭调,无法兼得。

当然,上述论断的前提是:你已经通过实践摸索确认了目标市场的存在。而确定目标市场又是一门很关键的艺术。

When I was starting on Tucia‘s business, many enterpreneurs told me to focus on one niche market, no more than two. I said “Oh, sure. Thanks”, but I didn’t quite get it,  why I should drop other market while Tucia’s service can be appreciated by almost everyone?

Things become clear these days when I found 3 key reasons:

1. Marketing Cost: It may takes 30% of you total budget to take a certain share in teens marketing, while it may cost you 100% if you wanna take teens, adults, and elders all.

2. Revenue Efficiency: Assume teens can generate 80% of the total demand in this market, then it’s not as efficient if you try to acquire the other 20% demand.

3. Branding: It’s stupid if you try to produce something which is loved by anyone. Especially when it comes to your brand image. While Tucia can restore torn photos, polish editorial pictures,  beautify personal photos, even design commercial ads, it’s impossible to build a brand image which includes everything and still clear other than the shitty “repair photos for you” slogan. Finally we choose “Make you shine”, and focus on individual customers.

There’s one thing I have to say, the 3 points above is only suitable for those companies who have already confirmed their target market. This is another sophisticated art to learn.